It is hard to believe it, but back-to-school season is already upon us. This time of year means it is time to start prepping for school carpools, last-minute runs to the store and rides to and from after-school daycares, sports practice, and more. While your free and open schedule might not stay that way for long, let’s make these moments count by being ahead of the curve with proper car care. Surely, you’ll be needing some car maintenance.
Calling all parents and college students, here are some maintenance items that you should put on your back-to-school checklist.
- Oil Change - Of course, if it has been some time since your last service, get your oil changed. Clean oil will ensure your engine stays properly lubricated.
- Battery - A dead battery can get you or your kids to class late. Make sure your battery can hold a proper charge by running a battery test.
- Lights - If you want a bright future for your children, start with bright lights. On the dark car rides home from sports games and practice, you’ll need your headlights and other vehicle lights to work.
- Car Fluids - Your vehicle runs on various crucial fluids that need to be clean and at an adequate level to keep your vehicle’s systems running smoothly. Be sure to check for leaks if they are low.
- Tires - You should inspect your tires for uneven or low tread wear. If the treads check out, follow up by checking their air pressure.
- Wipers - Rain or shine, you kid has to get to school safely. Replace the windshield wipers if it has been a while.
- Filters - Don’t forget about your air filter and cabin filter – they are vital in capturing dirt, debris, and other contaminants from entering either the engine or cabin of your car, SUV, or truck.
You can always expect the professionals at Lighthouse Automotive to keep you and your family safe. We invite you to our auto repair shop for a thorough inspection for back-to-school safety. Please give us a call or fill out our online appointment form today to set up your auto maintenance appointment.